My Blog List
Popular Posts
-
A favourite among many TZ aficionados, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet is memorable for starring a young William Shatner, and being one of the mos...
-
Over the next few weeks and months I'll be (re)visiting Rod Serling's classic series to coincide with the remastered release o...
-
Many who have followed the career of Quentin Tarantino would attest that his last great film dates back over a decade ago to 1997’s slic...
-
The mythical lore of das vampyr has been incarnated on celluloid countless times dating back to Shreck's portrayal of the Nosferatu,...
-
Monsters, along with District 9 and Moon is another recent reminder of how rich a genre the Sci-Fi is. I expect there to be allegorical ...
-
To portray an historical figure as hallowed and significant as the 16th President of America, Abraham Lincoln, would seem to be the most...
-
With Haloween coming up I'm going to be reviewing any horror film I see in the build up to the traditional day of horror and the sup...
-
Danny Boyle's latest is a real showstopper. Following the relative conventionality of his recent output (Slumdog Millionaire, 127 Ho...
-
I thought this was an excellent, superbly crafted thriller with a strong ensemble of performances and a really fascinating attempt to s...
-
With each rewatch the weak special effects are not any less jarring, but this is still a bold, relentlessly bleak horror where the real ...
Total Pageviews
Saturday, 20 October 2012
Haloween Season Cinema!
With Haloween coming up I'm going to be reviewing any horror film I see in the build up to the traditional day of horror and the supermatural, along with the films I consider to to be classics of the genre. I'm also very excited to see the re-released version of The Shining when it comes out, so expect an appraisal of Kubrick's masterpiece, which I'm sure will still terrify audiences today. So (adopts Vincent Price voice) enter my vault of horror, as we slash through the grue and the gore, ghosts and nightmares to celebrate the fears of man !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment